£25k - £28k per year pro-rata adjusted - Neg. on experience
Visual Precision, established in 1995, is a small and successful software company based in Lichfield, Staffordshire, which develops industry-leading software for Quantity Surveyors and Estimators in the construction industry.
The Managing Director is seeking a proactive, professional and experienced Credit Controller to manage the collections of aged and current debt across the whole company ledger. This sole Credit Controller role reports directly into the Managing Director, and is a fixed-term part-time contract (3 days per week) in the first instance, moving to a permanent part-time role after 6 months (1 day per week) once control over the aged debt has been secured.
The candidate will most probably already be in a credit management role, looking to move up, or perhaps sideways into a smaller business where they will be in sole control of the credit management process, making a meaningful difference to the business.
You will almost certainly have a good grasp as to what makes a good credit controller, and you may already be well on your way to obtaining professional qualifications in your current role, however, demonstrable experience and a great track record may well balance lack of formal qualifications for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will
- Be CICM qualified to level 3 or above or have a demonstrable track record established over 3+ years in a Credit Control position.
- Have a good attention to detail
- Have a good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have at least 1 years post qualification experience in a Credit Control role or 3+ years if not qualified.
- Works proactively and independently manage own ledgers
- Easily build rapport with clients and helps to maintain good business relationships
- Has experience of managing invoice queries in a timely manner in order to receive payments on time
- Has experience of raising invoices and ensuring these are received by customers in good time
- Has at least some base knowledge of litigation processes for collections
- Have experience of using small business accounting systems, for example Quickbooks
- Understand Excel, Word, Email and the basics of CRM systems (training will be given in the use of our in-house CRM system).
- Will be persuasive!
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. This is a fantastic opportunity for any Credit professional wanting to make a big impact in the business they work for, and to work as part of a small, but tight-knit team in a friendly atmosphere.
In the first instance, please submit your detailed CV (in .pdf format only) via the provided link.
Salary is negotiable, dependent upon experience, as are days of the week worked.
A Workplace Pension Scheme is in place and will be offered after satisfactory completion of our statutory probationary period.
Part-time hours: 22.5 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, Fixed term
Salary: annualised salary £25k - £28k per year pro-rata adjusted
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Relaxed working atmosphere.
credit control: 1 year (post qualification) or 3+ years in a Credit Control position.