£Neg basic + target based commission
Visual Precision currently has an open position for that of Technical Sales.
The ideal candidate will have a background in the construction industry with a strong understanding of pre-contract quantity surveying and estimating techniques, both in bill production, measurement (taking-off) as well as estimating, at both detailed resource level as well as feasibility estimating and cost planning techniques.
A desire to enter the world of sales is obviously essential as will the knowledge that you'll be making a difference to each and every new client you bring to our ever expanding client base. With the change in operating conditions forced by the pandemic, the need to travel to clients is very unlikely.
This is a permanent position with good long term prospects for the right candidate who is probably currently a QS or Estimator who wishes to step sideways into the IT world and experience the buzz of opening doors, closing sales and building a long term relationship with clients.
The position will require both passive and active lead generation. We do advertise and generated leads will be passed forward for qualification and management through the sales process, however we expect the ideal candidate to be pro-active in generating their own leads through social media and networking. Training will obviously be given in our expanding suite of software and the ability to present solutions is a fundamental part of the process.
The ideal candidate will
- Have a good hands-on knowledge of QS and Estimating functions in the UK construction industry.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Know they have the ability to learn selling strategies and know how to close a sale at user and/or main Board level.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have at least 2 years experience in a QS or Estimating position.
- Easily build rapport with clients with the ability to maintain good business relationships.
- Understand Excel, Word, Email and the basics of CRM systems (training will be given in the use of our in-house CRM system).
- Work under pressure and deliver set sales targets.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. This is a fantastic opportunity for a construction initiated professional to move sideways and upwards in the world of IT.
In the first instance, please submit your detailed CV via the provided link.
The role would allow for working from home, whilst Covid restrictions are in place.
Salary is negotiable, dependent upon experience. A Workplace Pension Scheme is in place and will be offered after satisfactory completion of our statutory probationary period.